Just because it’s the season of pies, comfort food and eggnog does not mean you need to indulge in everything!
It’s important to detox durning the holidays to start your new year on a good note!
Use these detox tips to set you up for success!
- Exercise daily – 30 minutes or more is recommended to begin the burning in the fat zone.
- Drink plenty of water! Don’t let your body get dehydrated. Dehydration can lead to lack of energy, dizziness and headaches.
- Squeeze a full lemon and mix with a glass of water. This will help boost your metabolism throughout the day and continue burning more fat!
- Let fruit be your source of natural sugar for the process of the detox. There are so many to choose from! If you feel a sugar urge, just grab a piece of fruit and munch away!
- A great way to prevent yourself from overeating is to drink a glass of water 15 minutes before your meal. This will not only prevent overeating but will also aid in digestion.
- Eat apples! Because apples are high in fiber, they really fill you up! Apples are a great snack when you are feeling hungry.
- Avocados are good for you! Your body needs healthy fats in order to function properly! A quarter or half of an avocado can reduce hunger and cravings. Not to mention they are filled with essential fibers and protein that your body loves!
- You can never eat too many vegetables! Nine servings of vegetables daily is ideal. Vegetables contain a lot of water so they are low in calorie and easy on the digestion.